lichess.org
Donate

Puzzle Storm - Upload your own database.

Hello Lichess Team and Chess Community,

I have a specific feature suggestion that I believe would be a valuable addition to the platform: the ability to create custom Puzzle Storm sessions using personal tactics databases.

Here's a simplified breakdown of this feature:

Custom Puzzle Storms: Lichess users would be able to upload their own PGN files containing tactics puzzles, whether from their games or other sources.

Training Format: Users could then choose to train with these custom puzzles in a Puzzle Storm-like format.
They'd be presented with a series of puzzles from their uploaded database, each with a time limit for solving.

Progress Tracking: Lichess would track and display statistics like puzzles solved, accuracy, and time taken for these custom Puzzle Storm sessions.

Community Sharing: Optionally, users could share their custom tactics databases with the Lichess community, encouraging puzzle sharing and community engagement

What are your thoughts on this feature suggestion?
My biggest problem with it is how much space would it take if people did it if 10k users 10mb each that adds up

But other wise nice idea
This is an amazing idea with so many applications! I wish this feature existed somehow so that when I wanted to send a position that came up in my game, I could just challenge someone to find it instead of screenshot of it.
@for_cryingout_loud said in #2:
> My biggest problem with it is how much space would it take if people did it if 10k users 10mb each that adds up
>
> But other wise nice idea
Yes good point ️
But I can already upload multiple studies in the lichess db.
Does any user have a limit amount of memory?

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.